Bowers & Wilkins
February & March, 2015
Launch of 3 new products (B&W T7 Wireless Speaker, P5 Series 2, C5 Series 2)
Millennium PR had the mandate to introduce the Bowers & Wilkins Brand/Story to the Indian Press. Bowers & Wilkins is a premium brand in the speakers/headphone/loudspeaker segment globally.
The primary challenge was that the brand was not so known in the Indian media fraternity since the company doesn’t have any spokesperson based in India. There was no India media specific plan for the last 5 years from Bowers & Wilkins. Other competitors like Bose, Harman are well-known in the media fraternity with regular product launches and company specific updates.
Keeping in mind the objective of the PR campaign, Millennium PR suggested the following PR plan:
• Press briefing to be organized in New Delhi followed by in Mumbai (In gap of one day). Five Star properties will be the venue for the same
• Millennium PR wants to invite key members of the press in groups of 5 for one hour presentations, in a suite in each hotel. This more intimate style of presentation works very well, and affords us an opportunity to give high quality demonstrations in an environment which suits the products, and is similar to a domestic situation, not a conference hall!
• Target the following press journalists types for each location:
• Consumer electronics press
• Technology journalists
• Music review journalists
• Lifestyle publications
• Architecture publications
• High end luxury publications who write about consumer electronics
• Tech Bloggers
• 40 journalists attended the press briefing in New Delhi from the target media (Exceeding minimum target of 30)
• 50 journalists attended the press briefing in Mumbai from the target media (Exceeding minimum target of 30)
• Millennium PR could achieve 100% targeted press coverage for Bowers & Wilkins new product launch in India.
• The press coverage was the result of well-thought PR strategy by Millennium PR.
Coverage Appeared in:
TV Channels- Bloomberg TV, Zee Business, NDTV Good Times
Mainlines/Financials- Economic Times, Financial Express, Business Standard, Indian Express, Mid-Day, Sunday Guardian, New Indian Express, The Hindu, Hindu Business Line etc.
Online/Digital news- NDTV.com, Digit.com, Timesofindia.com, Indianexpress.com, Stuff, What Hi-Fi, Gizmo Maniacs, Business Today, Business World etc.